Wednesday, August 3, 2016

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Year 24 starts today! Hard to believe. The kids become a part of you over all of the years. Like a lot of educators, there is not a day that goes by that I don't run into former students. Memories always flood in when I see them and usually a smile creeps up on my face. 

Teaching and coaching really has defined who I am and how I am perceived. Can't imagine never being Coach Pugh. For some I know it is a career they strive for all of their lives. For me it was a realization after starting college that I wanted to work with kids and hopefully teach them to enjoy physical activity and a healthy lifestyle. I have worked with the best...taught the best...coached the best and watched as some tough kids achieved and became their best. 


Not many careers are this rewarding. Kids are the most honest, kindest, most real, non-judging, important people around. So glad I get to surround myself with them daily. Every day is not perfect and every day is very different but one thing remains. Relationships and love for the job keep teachers and coaches pushing and nudging to create productive citizens! God bless all of my friends and fellow educators as this new year begins! You are all special!

No comments:

Post a Comment