Thursday, September 13, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


It is not unusual for us to 
have some "leftovers" in car line. Most of the time the parents are running a little late or big brother or sister forgot to stop by and pick them up. No big deal. It becomes a little suspect when a new face is there who is not a usual customer in the car line. 


We had two first graders today who fell in this category. I asked Suspect 1 what he was doing at the car line. He just shrugged his shoulders and said I think my dad is picking me up. They had a sub today so there was a little mix up. 

I decided he needed to be on the bus and asked what bus he rode, to which he replied nonchalantly " I have no idea". I asked what his bus driver's name was and he said "nope...no idea". I finally asked him what his address was....yep...didn't know that either. He then thought long and hard, tapped his forehead and yelled "TRAILER PARK!" "That is it!" "Trailer Park, Alabama!" 

While all of this is going on, Suspect number 2 is listening intently. I know he has a brother who usually picks him up in the hallway! I turn to him and say "Where is your brother?" He screamed "ALABAMA...I LIVE IN ALABAMA". 

Meanwhile I get on the radio and ask the assistant principal to hold all of the buses. Suspect no.1 proceeded to run down the hall to the bus. 



Suspect no.2 is still looking at me and trying to decide if he should break and go with Suspect no. 1. 

About that time his mom pulls up and saves his day. You wonder why my hair is white!! 



Take Aways:
*Addresses at any age are very important to know.
*Notes to teachers when you are not a usual customer at the car line. 
*A little sympathy for teachers in the car line! 

Tough job! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment