Sunday, December 9, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIFE IN ELKMONT


Good, cold 5 mile run today. I was coming around the corner out of the trail and out of the woods and looked up to one of the best sunsets I have seen in a while. Didn’t want to go. Talked myself out of it at least 5 times. Guilt and “need to” won out and the run felt great after the very cold start. Man, what I would have missed around mile 4 if the head voices would have won out. Took my breath away....the colors, the swirl of the clouds and the sheer beauty of it against the gray sky. Got me thinking about all of the times I’ve talked myself out of doing something. What have I missed by letting anxiety, fear or just laziness whisper in my ear and tell me to stay. Get up! Move toward whatever it is you need to do. If you choose not to you may never experience the beauty that waits around the corner. There is so much of it out there ! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment