Friday, December 21, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Start of Christmas break from school, I slept longer last night than I have in a while! I don’t know if every teacher/coach does this but almost every night for years I have had the same type of dreams where I have my team at some location and we are trying got get to a meet. Locations change...faces change ...(one night Jimmy Fallon was my star runner) but I am always responsible for getting kids somewhere they are supposed to be.

I’ve often woke up and told Leigh we are always in a hotel/condo and I am panicking trying to get them all together. As teachers and coaches I think that’s where our minds are. Trying to keep our kids focused and get them to their destination is the main priority. Getting them to where they need to be so that they can become the best possible; seems to be ingrained. 

Had the last faculty Christmas party with the absolute best people in the world yesterday. I looked around and realized how much love and respect I had for each person sitting in that room. They care more than any group of people I have ever been associated with. The children at Elkmont Elementary are lucky indeed! I’m really gonna miss all of my co-workers. We have the best laughs daily! Good, good people! Been a great run with a lot of fun, some success, and a lot of great life- long friends made!! Time to see what dreams will hold for me for a few more years! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment