Wednesday, September 9, 2020

BARRY'S CORNER - LIFE IN ELKMONT


I was on about mile 8 of a 10 miler and climbing a slow hill and noticed I had slowed my pace by 30 seconds. The phrase "It is what it is" ran through my mind. 

Then I began the "runner's rambling in my head" that happens a lot when you leave your ear buds at home. What exactly is "it" and who controls it? I could let this little glitch ruin my whole run. I can beat myself up over it. I can increase my pace, or I can be satisfied and finish strong with what I have left. "It is what I make it" is a phrase I think I will use to replace the first one. 

Today, tomorrow, life in general is all built and gauged on perspective. We may not have total power over circumstances, but we definitely have total power on how we react to them. Coaching kids is a job I love. A lot of it is teaching them to take time to recognize their strengths and weaknesses and to acquire strategies to help these areas. Hope it carries over into their lives. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment