Thursday, January 28, 2016

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Went for a run on the trail today. As I was running I was talking with my fellow runners and thinking about the events that had transpired the past two weeks. I never could have imagined when we were "christening" the trail years ago with my Cross Country team that it would help to bring so much attention to our town and running! 
 

As we ran along, as happens many times, two dogs came out of the woods and joined us on the five miles as we finished. What a great place this is. What a great blessing Ludivine and April Hamlin have been to Elkmont and my kids. We all have reasons we run. Running becomes a very personal experience and one that helps you look with introspect into yourself. 


I ran today feeling blessed. Blessed to live and work where I do. We will be having t-shirts made in the near future. The quote on the back says "The Freedom to Run Inspires Us All." Break loose, leave your stress, and put one foot in front of the other and be free! Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment