Wednesday, August 2, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Have you ever had those days when everything you see, hear or smell brings back a memory? Seems like today was one of those days. As a I was driving a little while ago I remembered a "not so long ago" time when my Jensen was maybe 5 and we were driving along in the truck. 


The clouds were rolling in and she looked up and said "Can God still see us when it's cloudy?" I remember telling her that sure, He sees us all the time. She shook those little curls and said "well it sure makes it harder to see Him!" I told her He was always there and she was silly and we went on our way. 


I think about her saying that a lot when the clouds start to roll in. Sunny days it seems all is right and looking up brings a lot of happiness and "good" to the day. Cloudy days maybe not so much. Seems to be clouds rolling in a lot these days in the world. I think maybe as Jensen said, it is harder to "see" God when the clouds are rolling in. He is there. He is in control. I need to remind myself of this often! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment