Tuesday, August 22, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Feel it in the air tonight. Fall is on the way. I don't mind fall but it always is followed by winter which brings on the indoors and cold. I always think about Fall as Sunday nights when I was young. We always had people over after church and played volleyball or cards but in the back of my mind I always knew Monday morning and school was coming quickly. 


It is something about the air though as the earth starts the ritual of preparing to sleep and renew. The smell of cut grass becomes stronger. The leaves take on a sleepy listless look. The Sun's position changes....slightly at first and then it changes the casting of shadows. The lengthening night seems to quieten down in anticipation of slumber. God's intricate plan of "rebirth" is yet again beginning. Amazing when you think about it. Planned...all a great plan. Everything in it's time. Have a good one !

No comments:

Post a Comment