Tuesday, August 1, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

"There are better starters than me but I’m a strong finisher.” —Usain Bolt


We see so many people who get excited about an endeavor and take off and give their all in the beginning and lack at the end. Where do we find the strength to keep going? Where does the easy stop and the hard begin? I know the answer on some long runs. I know I bargain with my self sometimes and think "if it hurts too much I'll turn around"....or I can "take it easy on the hills." The strength, the ability, and most of all the motivation to finish comes when I make the decision that facing it "head on" and not to give in is the ONLY option. Hills,valleys ,weather..whatever become only a little setback. 

Most of the time there are some friends and family to help you on along the way, cheering and encouraging. Strong finishers decide at the start to be just that. No hesitation...no complaining....no bargaining their way out. Need to heed this in my own life. When you think about it no one really cares how well you start. The results can always be seen at the finish. 2 Timothy 4:7. Keep the faith and finish your race. Have some friends and their sweet daughter in need of prayers tonight. She is in the arms of some great people at St. Jude. Long "race"ahead it seems. Please keep
the Emersons in your prayers. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment