Friday, April 19, 2019

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Cup of coffee on the porch listening to the rain. Sweet, peaceful sound of it dripping from the new maple leaves. The sound of rain has always soothed me. I remember the big sky lights in the elementary classrooms at Clements. The rain would drum on those things and I would listen for rhythms. The natural drumming would somehow make me feel safe. I remember riding in the car when I was young and watching the rain drops “race” across the car windows. Always wondered where it went when it made it to the finish. The summer rain on a hot run is always a welcome refreshment. Somehow always brings out the “kid” in me. 

Rain is soothing. Knowing as it falls that somehow it has already been here. It’s already ran down these streams and rivers and been taken back up into the sky and made useful again. Ready to fall and cleanse again. Can almost hear it’s purpose in it’s falling. Reminds me that renewal is a good thing. Renewal of mind, body and soul. Yeah I’m retired....can drink a cup of coffee at 10 pm, lol. Looking out at the green grass...the new growth as the drops fall....reminds me life is good and can start again! That makes me smile. Have a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment