Friday, April 5, 2019

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Ok...so had a first today. I’m running a short 4 miler in Athens today trying to beat the rain. I cross the covered footbridge going to the soccer fields uneventfully. I go around the sportsplex and start back across the bridge to the middle school track. I see two guys playing frisbee golf under the bridge as I start up it. As a prologue I have been binge watching a lot of shows since I retired. The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and Vikings....you know great literary works come to TVšŸ˜‰. Anyway the supernatural and birds go hand in hand in a few of these. 

I start up the bridge and enter and see this black blob come up from Hades itself and go by my head. I hear this awful shrieking and prepare to be a body with no head....popular mode of execution on these particular shows. I feel something brushing my head and I’m sure it’s some kind of supernatural raven! I lose all semblance of manly hood and bob side to side while screaming in an octave only dogs (and apparently frisbee golfers) can hear “get away!” 

My life is flashing before my eyes and I can picture this bird tearing me apart. Granted it’s as big as my hand but still. I stagger out the other side and the guys have ran up to the opening of the bridge. I hear one chuckle and say “it’s only a bird “. Only a bird....only a bird that’s possessed!! Been thinking how it really liked my hair. Need a warning label put on “Just for Men”.....
product may attract sparrows. Got to laugh! Finished before it rained!! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment