Sunday, April 21, 2019

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Easter Sunday! Every year brings back memories of a time gone by. A time when we would all get together at my great Aunt’s home and eat and hunt eggs. In a world where kids can play games on their watches and interact with one another on social media, I don’t believe those family get togethers are as meaningful. We couldn’t wait to see our cousins and aunts and uncles. Is it just me or were the days slower back then? Yeah I know...Nostalgia comes with age. The world is changing. 

It’s foreign to me in a lot ways. Even if I try to keep up, the pace is so fast I fall behind. We are all in a hurry. Rarely is there a day (even in retirement) that I don’t lay down at night and think “I didn’t get to that!” When we lay down in that field of stones what we got done in a day will not matter. How we treat each other, how we help each other, and how we love each other will. One died and was raised for us many years ago that taught this. Gotta quit counting the hours and make the hours count! Have a great Easter Sunday! Give your kids some memories. Give yourself a break! Laugh and love!! Have a good one

No comments:

Post a Comment