Sunday, December 11, 2016

BARRY'S CORNER- LIVING IN ELKMONT

  
Started a 10 mile this morning and it was 18
degrees. I promised myself when I was running in 90+degree heat this summer (or just a few weeks ago) I wouldn't complain about the cold. I broke that promise today! 

We live in the best place on earth in my opinion. The trail was quiet when we started , but came to life as we ran. About mile 1.5, Fez the dog came out and joined us. About mile 2 a deer ran in front of us and the viral post of the runner getting hit seemed all too familiar. The swamp at mile 2 is thankfully full again and the frozen green water looked like diamonds in the sunlight. 


My partner dropped off about mile four and turned around and as I ran on by myself I saw two squirrels, a cat, and what I thought was a bear! It was a fallen limb that only looked like a bear. 


I passed runners and friends and a man speed walking who was moving on pretty good. I smelled leaves, acorns and even some fabric softener from someone's dryer when I got closer to the houses. When I got back into town the shops were opening and the store was buzzing with activity. 

I was stretching and thinking of the turmoil that I see on the TV. The riots and killings...the stealing and the protesting. 


Elkmont Alabama seemed to be the best place on earth this morning! Take a little time to appreciate where you live today! Say a prayer for those who don't have it so good. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment