Saturday, May 19, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Ok..so today I gained a new appreciation for salmon. If they can swim upstream, they deserve it! Getting kayaks and canoes to go against the current while occupied is not a fun thing! I am sure in the muddy, running faster than usual Flint river water today, I was accosted by turtles, snakes, fish and something that felt like an octopus. Oh and trees...oh, man the trees and limbs! 

 
My 22 inch legs will never look the same ! Luke Bryan might “catch himself a little catfish dinner” on that Flint River but all myself and a few others caught was a hard time!! Cell phones and keys somewhere on the bottom! But most importantly, the kids were safe and after the little snafu they had a great time ! Thankful for calm parents while we helped them out. This was the picture of the calm before the storm! I finished with no shoes ( someone caught them downstream) and an extra paddle! 


It was a fun time and we all made it safely. Feel like I have been run over by a steam roller! A day a few 5th graders(and one tired coach) will definitely remember! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment