Sunday, January 6, 2013

15 Questions and Answers on Preparedness

What is an emergency?  Anything that negatively impacts your life is a personal emergency, loss of a job, injury or death of a loved one as well as natural and man made disasters.  It is hard to predict when trials will enter your life but you can prepare.  Here are some very common questions about how to be prepared and what to do.  Jack Spirko and the Survival Podcast has a great  podcast episode today on some of them.  This will likely be a great show for newbies and hopefully have some interesting stuff for people who have been around a long time as well.  Here is the link: 
15 Questions and Answers on Preparedness


  • What is the biggest threat we face nationally?
  • How can I afford to get prepared when I can barely get by already?
  • How much land do you need to produce 100% of your own food?
  • How to you test your preps, more often stated as how do I know if I’ve done enough?
  • How much food should I store?
  • What do you think will happen where I live? (usually from suburbanites)
  • Don’t you think it would be 100% safe in rural areas? (usually from those who live rural)
  • How do I get my wife/husband/brother/uncle/etc to understand this stuff?
  • What should I do if I have no place to evacuate to?
  • How big of a solar system do I need to provide all my own energy?
  • How long can a generator run my house for me?
  • If I have lots of gold and silver won’t that make me rich if the economy collapses?
  • What kind of gun should I get?  How much ammo is enough? etc.
  • I want to put a group together how do I find like minded people?
  • Why do you tell people about what you do, isn’t that a mistake?
 A dear friend called me about how to be prepared.  There is a lot of great info in the older posts.  You can get to these by clicking on the Provident living label to the right of blog.  You will find all the posts there.  When you get to the bottom of that post page, click on older posts.  The Penny Pincher Pantry is a great site as well.  It will be under additional blogs to visit on the right of the blog page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment