Thursday, July 17, 2014

WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING GOOD, YOU NEVER KNOW WHO SEES

Hill Spirit Thoughts:  We have so many unsung heroes here in Elkmont.  People who are making our town better and helping their neighbors.  They do this because they love being of service and being involved with the Elkmont community.  These are people who aren't noticed or recognized for their hard work.  These are the people responsible for all the things that seem to mysteriously get done.  

Occasionally, someone
does notice and sends in a post to the Hill Spirit in recognition of these special people.  Here is a wonderful post I received yesterday and I wanted to share. If you catch someone doing something wonderful, please send Hill Spirit a post.  It uplifts us all to see the Lord's hands at work.

DID YOU NOTICE?
The children and young adults that attend Elkmont High School are very fortunate to have such a dedicated and hard-working principal!  Do you know what he was doing this past Saturday….well into the evening (until at least 8:30)? 

Well, let me tell you, he was found wearing an Elkmont ball cap, painted up jeans and t-shirt getting the school freshened up for the start of the new school year – just a few weeks away now!  The PRINCIPAL was doing this!  AND, he wasn’t painting hallways, classrooms or cafeteria when he was found – you know, the areas with AIR CONDITIONING – he was painting in the OLD GYM!  You know the one, the sweltering, non-air conditioned gym.  If y’all will remember, this past weekend was one of the hottest this summer with a heat index near 100 degrees.  Picture Frosty the Snowman in the greenhouse…. I am sure this is what Principal Garris felt like!
 
OK, I will be the first to admit that come summertime, I wish I had a job as a teacher or any other job in public education where I got my summers off.  I think of all the projects I could get done, the awesome tan that awaits me, the lunches/coffee get togethers with friends, etc.  But, in reality, I know better.  The fact of the matter is, many of these educators and administrators work just as hard during the summer as they do doing the school year as they prepare lesson plans, attend training, prepare their classrooms for the students WHO will walk through the door in just a few short weeks after the last class left for the year.  


This includes our Principal, Garth Garris.  I, for one, was impressed to see him there – on a Saturday night – working hard for our kids, making sure that this old school house is in the best possible condition when the doors open and welcome them back on August 8th. 

So, Principal Garris, let me say THANK YOU! 

Thank you for being a PROUD Red Devil and always looking out and being there for your kids and your employees!

Submitted by: Someone Who Sees

No comments:

Post a Comment