Saturday, September 5, 2015

SAY HELLO TO OUR NEWEST CONTRIBUTOR

Hello Elkmont Alabama blog readers! My name is Adriel McMahan and I'm currently attending Elkmont High School as a senior. Over the past year, I've developed a passion for journalism. I spent the summer as an intern for the News Courier writing for my own personal beauty column. I also wrote articles about Athens and the surrounding areas such as upcoming restaurants, activities, sport events, and much more! 

 
I'm also published in many Courier papers and two magazines, the Blitz and the Limestone Life. My story in the Blitz sports magazine was about Donnie Johns and how he started as an Elkmont High School football player, but is now Elkmont's beloved police officer. 


The Limestone Life magazine was centered around strong women this month, and I wrote about Mrs. Christy Paysinger and how she has stayed strong throughout her daughter's battle with cancer. 
 
 
I plan to attend the University of Alabama in the Fall of 2016 and major in Journalism. My ultimate goal is to become an editor for Times Inc. I'm excited to say that I will now be helping out with the Elkmont Alabama blog! I can't wait to share my writing with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment