Saturday, July 7, 2018

BARRY CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Got up this morning. Pool needed water, Jensen’s car is in the shop, mom isn’t feeling good, forgot my watch for morning workouts and had to come back....just ill, lol. We ran a 5 mile to the covered bridge and limbs were down, big rocks had come to the surface...only increased my illness. Kids seemed to be sluggish. It was hot. The day was feeling kind of miserable. 

About 4 miles in I get ready to pass this 7th grade kid who is doing a great job climbing this slow hill. He looks over and said “Great job Coach”. Ok so I felt a little better. The he said. “How is your mom?” And as sincere as I have ever heard he said “I prayed for her last night...”. Tears welled up in my eyes honestly and I was thankful for the sweat to mask it. This kid taught me a valuable lesson in the middle of a miserable 5 mile run today. I’m a pretty lucky and blessed guy. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment