Sunday, May 18, 2014

ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END - LAYNE SMITH

Layne Smith and the Chattanooga State Lady Tigers finished up their season yesterday in the semi-finals of the National Junior College D1 Softball Tournament. They lost to Central Florida, 6 - 2 and finished third in the nation.  Congrads to the the Lady Tigers on a great tournament.

 

One of our past Elkmont Lady Devils softball standouts, class of 2012,   played in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJAA) DI softball championship tournament.  The tournament was located in St. George, Utah and  played May 14 - 17.


Layne's thoughts:
Put on a softball uniform for the last time today. I couldn't have asked for a better team to end it with. I have met some of my lifelong friends on this team and wouldn't trade it for anything. Through blood, sweat, and tears we stuck together as a family and finished 3rd in the nation. This has been a experience of a lifetime; one I will never forget. Softball has been a part of my life for the past 15 years and its a surreal feeling having it come to a end. I couldn't have done it without the unconditional love and support form my parents.




No comments:

Post a Comment