Tuesday, November 17, 2015

THE WEATHERMAN COMES TO ELKMONT

Jason Simpson, WHNT 19, visited with our third graders yesterday.  He has shared his experience with us.

I took off early Monday morning for Red Devil Country! I even had enough time to take the “long way” drive to Elkmont High School through Athens and north on Alabama Highway 127, and that is a beautiful drive this time of year! I love going to Elkmont. 

 

Mrs. Tessa Hardiman invited me to sit in with the Third Grade to talk science, and I knew from experience that she and her colleagues would have the students ready to go. I saw a lot of smiles and a lot of smarts for a Monday morning, and as usual, I probably had more fun than they did. 


One of the most fun and rewarding parts of my job is getting to visit kids and see the light bulbs go on when you tell them something they’ve never heard before. Better yet, it’s amazing to see them take something that they’ve heard for years and build on it with new ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment