Monday, November 9, 2015

THREE ELKMONT RUNNERS QUALIFY FOR STATE

The Elkmont Cross County teams ran in the state sectionals last week.  Only the top 3 teams move on to the state championship and our teams didn't make the cut but three of our runners did.  In the men's race, Elkmont’s Chase Prater finished first with a time of 17:29.04, while teammate Chance Bailey finished second at 17:33.37. Elkmont finished sixth in the team standings.


In the ladies race, the Lady Devils came in fifth in the team standings.  Claudia Allen led Elkmont as well as qualified for state with a time of 22:30.90.


Wish them the best next weekend at Oakville Indian Mounds Park in Moulton for the state championships.


CHASE PRATER
CHANCE BAILEY
CLAUDIA ALLEN
COACH PUGH'S CORNER
Not the end of the season I was hoping for and I have to admit I had myself a pity party this afternoon. We had 2 hard working guys and 1 girl qualify to go to state. Elkmont's Chase Prater won the 4A section 3 race and Chance Bailey placed second! Claudia Allen earned a spot in her race also. 

These three have consistently been in the top finishers all season and I can't tell you how proud I am of their hard work! All of my runners put in a lot of hard work. Girls moved up two places to finish 5th today! Hurts to come up short! 

Great job to the West teams for the boys 1st and girls 3rd place finishes in 4A Section 3. Also Clements finishers in the 3A section 3. XC is a great sport. 

I have some of the hardest working parents out there also. This season has been great and has had a lot to do with them. Couldn't do any of it without Gretta Harris Armstrong! What a blessing I have been given with this team! 

Went for a run in my old UNA stomping grounds after the meet and great to see most of the houses and landmarks are still there after 25 years! Reflected a lot on how blessed I have been in my career and I could never have imagined all of the great relationships I have made when I was running those streets! Thanks to everyone who has had a part this season! See these three do great at State and then on to track and planning for next XC Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment