Monday, September 26, 2016

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Being the Elkmont Cross Country Coach lets me spend quality time with our Elkmont young men and women. Can't say enough about the drive and the effort these kids give me day in and day out. 



I love them for what they do for me and I love the way they treat and encourage one another. If you are a coach and you you feel you have to yell and scream profanity at your kids... stop. There is no motivation more successful than a team coming together and loving each other and their sport. I have witnessed it first hand. 


One of my kids asked if we could pray before we left for students at our school who lost their mother. We did. They put their arms around each other, circled up and petitioned their Maker to be with them and help their fellow students and friends. 



They teach this old coach a lot through their actions! Motivate them through team building, love, and good old fashioned hard work. The reward is great and success will come! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment