Wednesday, September 21, 2016

SIXTH GRADE NEWS


Hill Spirit is excited to introduce our newest reporter. She is a young lady interested in becoming a writer and has agreed to share her thoughts about her sixth grade year.

BamaGirl's Thoughts
Welcome to the sixth grade. It's the start of middle school, so it’s a pretty big deal. I’ve struggled, and I’m pretty sure others have too, but we will make it. I am loving history because I like to hear stories and the history book is like a big huge story. There are tons of things I’ve learned, and we’ve only been in school about 6 weeks.  
 
Piney
The Piney kids are here. The Piney kids coming was a big change. We went from 60 to 100. People packed in the hallways, having to dodge younger kids. It all works out though. I bet some of them felt uncomfortable and nervous having to change schools.  I hope we all made them feel welcome. 

Sixth Grade Scoop   
Scholars bowl tryouts were yesterday. I heard there was a small turnout, wonder why?  The 4-H election was this week. Each class has new officers.  Meetings will start next month.  Extreme birdhouses are due by the October meeting (end of the month).
 
Next week we will be having dress up days for homecoming. (listed below) I’m hearing about a lot of good ideas from other students on what they will wear.  It should be lots of fun!  We have a float for the 6th grade, so look for it during the parade.

Homecoming Schedule
Monday, September 26:  
*Destination Day

Tuesday, September 27:  
*Disney vs Marvel
*Homecoming Parade at 6:00 pm through downtown Elkmont

Wednesday, September 28
*No School
*Stay in Pajamas All Day

Thursday, September 29: 
Rocker vs Rapper

Friday, September 30:  Frat/ Fancy Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment