Friday, September 1, 2017

WINGS FOR LEAH


The Elkmont community  lost a sweet angel last night but Heaven gained one.  Leah Seibert fought cancer for several years and touched the lives of so many people along the way. She accomplished more in the short eighteen years that she graced this world than many who live much longer.




SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT LEAH

Thinking of our sweet Leah, her family, and her friends today. Praying for peace and comfort for all. What an inspiration and true joy to be around such a wonderful young lady and Christian. In our fight against the devil in this world, Leah set such a wonderful example of faith and hope. I am thankful I was able to teach this sweet young lady. I am even more thankful for the belief that I have in knowing Leah is at home in heaven with God, Jesus, and the angels singing praises and being whole!

It is very difficult walking into a school that doesn't understand your heartache. It makes me miss Elkmont and realize how great it is to have a community help bear your burdens. You did not have to be Leah's best friend or talk to her everyday for her to have an impact on you. No matter how much pain she was in, she always managed to put a smile on her face and that always put a smile on mine. I hope we can all get to the point of having the confidence of heaven that she did.



My heart is broken, as is everyone's who knew Leah. When the office was so hectic, she would always say, "I got you, Mrs. Gina." And she did! I will try very hard today, and in the coming days, to thank God for placing that sweet, funny, sassy, precious child in my life. I've never known anyone stronger. And I'll remember her in the little things. Lemon Jolly Ranchers and candy corn and all her super cute outfits. How blessed I am to have been loved by that child. Praise God, she is healed!
 



So this morning we lost a beautiful soul. Leah you will forever be in my heart. You had a great impact on my life. You showed me to never keep fighting. I know your suffering has end and your in a better place now. I love you so much. Now I don't know if this was a sign of god but this morning when I hear about Leah Seibert all I could do is cry. Then I got in my car and started driving and the song "See you again" came on. I know I'll see you one day again.


Leah fought a good fight, she finished her course, and she kept the faith. Leah is completely healed now; she has a new home in Heaven. She doesn't have to suffer anymore; she is in a perfect place. Her Savior had the perfect plan for Leah's life. Although we don't understand why young people have to be taken away from us, He knows all. 
 Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and shoes

Leah was an inspiration to all who met her or followed her on Loving Leah. She was a fighter who never gave up. Her determination will never be forgotten. The love that she showed to others will never be forgotten. Leah will never be forgotten. We will always remember our Loving Leah. Our love for her will continue.


As always, please continue to pray for Kay and Wade. They will desperately need your prayers. Trace is a gift from God for Leah. Please lift him up in your prayers, along with Leah's many family members and friends. We would like for you to pray for the entire Elkmont community and school. Leah was a proud Red Devil to the end; she loved her school and community. We all love her and will miss her dearly.



"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." 2 Timothy 4: 7-8


Leah's visitation will be Thursday, August 31st from 5:00 to 9:00 in the Elkmont High School gymnasium. The funeral will be held Friday, September 1st at 2:00pm at Limestone Chapel.

No comments:

Post a Comment