Friday, September 29, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Saw the sun going down a little while ago. It was shooting rays up in the sky and was beautiful. So much hate in the world today. So much frustration with politics. So many senseless killings and just plain cruelness right here in our own back yard. Makes you wonder how in a world where beauty is just one look away people can disregard it and look for and create so much ugliness. So many self serving egotistical people in this world! Attention seekers who use power in ways I will never understand. 


I know a second grader whose mom got a new truck this week. I know a first grader whose daddy said they could have pizza on Friday. I know a fourth grader who got some shoes from his cousin who out grew them. I know a third grader whose grandmother is well enough to go to rehab now. But my favorite is the kindergartner (who happened to call me short last week) who can't go in the door until he comes and waves at me every morning. If only.....if only we all could remember what really matters.... Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment