Monday, September 11, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

I remember sitting in a "chick flick" with a girl I was dating in Florence and hearing a line from Julia Roberts which went something like "I'd rather have thirty minutes of special than a life time of nothing special". That resonated with me then and still does nearly 30 years later. 

Coaching is filled with those "special" times. If you don't realize them and enjoy them then you need to find something else to do. Special minutes today as my team set PR's and finished with great times. Also got to run with them in the race. 


Every year, every team, every kid gives me something special to put on my shelf and take out and smile about through the years. I love them....all of them. Thanks to Haley James for coming and running and supporting today. The kids were thrilled! Have a good one!


Saturday's run in Athens was one of 50,000 runs like it held across the nation in memory of those who died during the 9/11 attacks and those who have died in wars and conflicts since that date. Proceeds from the run go to the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives and the Travis Manion Foundation, which works to empower veterans and families of those killed in combat.

No comments:

Post a Comment