Tuesday, August 14, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


This is on a door in the hallway at Elkmont Elementary. I took a picture of it today because I really like the message it conveys. Tonight, we ran 5.5 miles with a 239ft elevation gain. At mile 3, we ran up what the kids over the years have come to refer to as “the beast”, a Big Hill with a rapid ascent. We then continued the 3% grade back into town. It’s a challenge; a challenge met by most of the team. 

These kids work hard. I know it’s hard because I try to do it with them ! These kids get it! Hard work will make you better! There are no easy ways to achieve success. Hard work is the key. I’m afraid there are a lot who aren’t willing to put in the hard work. Not my team! Not their coach either! A team work ethic is only as good as their leader. Kids watch us; kids learn from us. Can’t fool them. Be willing. Be willing as a teacher, coach , parent to do what others won’t. The kids need it as much as air!! Have a good one !

No comments:

Post a Comment