Wednesday, April 17, 2019

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


I find as I get older the words
“I miss” seem to roll off my tongue more and more. I drive down roads of my youth and I miss the way the houses use to look. I see young daughters with their dads and I miss that with Jensen. I remember mama’s home cooking and that cornbread crust that I can’t master and I miss it. I go by and leave some flowers for daddy and I miss the “hey Bub” that always came when I saw him. I was running in Florence today after work. 


Thoughts of college and friends and places I used to go were going through my mind. I started to smile. Missing is a big part of life. To miss something is to know what that “something” is worth. How sad it would be if we lived and never had the chance to miss! Missing means we have lived, loved, laughed and learned! There is a sweet release when we allow ourselves to grieve over times gone, people we’ve lost and safety we had in youth. Just another part of life. Looking forward can be pretty good too! Just some thinking I did on today’s run!! Get deep with myself 😉. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment