Wednesday, March 1, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Had a good morning 10 mile and went to mom's to clean her yard. I had really let it go this time! I was raking pine needles and picking up pine cones and listening to 80's rock ballads on my phone. "Give me Something to Believe in" by Poison (Friday videos Manda Nash Wisniewski at your duplex on Pryor) came on and of course, transported me back to the 80's. 

I remember liking the song, but not the lyrics so much when I was younger. The premise of the song was if there is a God, why does all the bad happen in the world. In fact I was so caught up in my 80's self that when I would walk in front of the glass storm door I had to take a second look. Who is that old gray haired man looking back at me? 


Wasn't it just yesterday I would glance at that door and see the young guy in the muscle shirt and black hair (put that shirt on hoping "she" would drive by.......come on you know you have done it too....😉) thinking he had it all figured out. 

Truth is as the years pass I realize just how much I don't know! Something to believe in....exactly what I need at this stage in my life. I believe in taking care of the body the Lord gave us. I believe in loving your spouse and your children. I believe in spending your time in positive thoughts rather than worrying and focusing on the negative. I believe in living our lives in the image of Him and leaving the judgments up to our Creator. But I guess in all of this I believe that growing older, losing our parents, taking care of our parents, and realizing that time is precious and fleeting is a part of life. A part that should only reinforce the importance of "Something to Believe in". 


This isn't all there is. Merely a short span of time in eternity and our souls. Happy or miserable....our choice. Serving others or complaining and groaning......our choice. Believe in something! It can make all the difference! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment