Friday, April 13, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Another tv personality from my childhood gone; "Joanie" from Happy days passed away. Are you as shocked as I am when you see pictures of the people you grew up watching? 

For some reason these people are frozen in time for me. I see them young and vibrant and as beautiful as they were when I sat down on my beanbag and turned the old 13" black and white on. A shock when I see them and a reality check too. A lot like when I am out with my teams, cutting up and laughing. I get in the car and pull the visor down and just about jump out of the car wondering who that old guy is. 

Pretty good sign you are getting old when you smile and have to reach up and push your eye lids up so you can see! True! Aging and life throw some curves to us at times. I think it's a lot more of how we react to it than how it affects us. Just a number that's what I hear. I believe it is true. 

Try to stay healthy and live life to the fullest. "Happy Days" brought a lot of joy to my young life. I choose to embrace age with joy. As Joanie would say "Sit on it". Have a good one !

No comments:

Post a Comment