Wednesday, June 6, 2018

BARRY' CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Man...Chick Fil A is awesome!! Real live people in the drive thru!! Anyone who knows me knows I have a phobia of drive thru’s. Started a long time ago with my mom when she wanted a bacon cheeseburger without meat! (Some of you know the story!). One day I ordered 3 bacon biscuits and 3 orange juices at Hardee’s . The little guy on the other side of the big scary box said that will be $73.31, please drive around. I sat in line wondering how in the world it was that much!!! I mean..was there a pig shortage? I get around and he asked me to pull up and they would get the juices . 73.....73 he thought I said. I was in a Mazda 626. Not a bus! Where would I even put 73 orange juices?!?!? Then he said “wow, I thought you were a girl.” 

That was nearly 34 years ago. Only gone down hill since! I panic when they start to read my order back. I don’t know why. I always can’t hear the first two items because of the pounding in my ears from my heart ! Panic attack at the drive thru. One day at Zaxby’s I ordered I big Zac snack. I got a salad and an extra sack. When I said something, the little girl was nice but added “you mumble like my dad!” At least she didn’t say my mom!! Don’t even mention Starbucks when Leigh want a mocha chokea loca smoka!!!! Panic!!! But when I drove in Chick Fil A and saw that real life human being I breathed a sigh of relief! Knew I was getting what I ordered! Great job!! Drive Thru’s , while convenient, can cause stress...a lot of stress. Rather just get out and go in! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment