Sunday, June 17, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Spent the biggest part of Father’s Day driving home from the beach. I was thinking as I was driving, about Jensen and the job I have done. It seems before she was born I knew exactly how to be a good Daddy. I knew how to discipline and love and balance giving and holding back. No sweat! Ummm...yeah. Then real life set in. The waking up in the middle of the night thinking, “did I handle that right?”or the emotional struggle of “giving in” too much. 

There are all types of fathers. There are all types of kids. I see a lot of them and have taught and coached a lot of them. The measure of a father is hard to actually “see”. 

Is working and making money to pay for their needs, it? 
Is spending more time with your kids and having less the answer? I
s sending them to Mimi’s before you kill them, good? ( been guilty of that one plenty of times! ) 

That’s just it I don’t know. BUT I do know this. Your child knows what kind of father you are. There is no way to hide that from them. Ask anyone who has a father and they can tell you what kind he is or has been. Sobering but true. She hugged me when I came in. Hopefully that bodes well for me! 😀. We can not afford to fail our kids. We just can’t. Use them as your measure. May take a while to be appreciated but anything worth doing usually is! 

Happy Father’s Day! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment