Sunday, June 24, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Peaceful on the porch this morning. I adhere to the knowledge that peace comes when we ultimately realize that some things are just beyond our control. I can't make anyone believe as I do on every subject...I can't make someone love the things I love....I can't make someone understand what offends me may or may not offend others...I can't decide what is best for you....and I do not have the power to make anyone happy. 

I see people all of the time trying to "make" someone happy. Happiness and contentment comes to each of us in different ways and I truly believe as we grow older it changes. Wasn't very long ago that getting up at 5:30 and sitting on a porch seemed like something I would never enjoy. We can live chasing ideals that are in our head or we can take a good look around and make the best of situations and gain some lessons. Maybe just maybe we can project them to others and strike up the thought
"why do they seem so happy?" 


Contentment comes by giving up control. This life is a gift and I truly believe a short time on a long line called eternity. Choose to spend it in service, introspection,study, and exemplifying in yourself what you want to see in others. Be happy. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment