Monday, June 18, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Was at the beach last week with two other couples, sitting and talking in our chairs. I walked to the edge of the water and this lady walks up and says “excuse me”...” are you a story teller?”
My first inclination was to say “sorry” because there was no telling what she had overheard. She then said “you’re the Armour All guy!...from the story telling festival”. I swelled up a little and said “why yes...that would be me.” 


I was thinking wow at the beach and I’m being recognized. This must be how Tom Cruise feels at the beach 😉. She said “yeah”. We heard your “unique” voice and said “That has to be that guy!” Unique voice...kind of like a teenager about to hit puberty who’s a smoker, lol. Deflated some, I was still like hey, a lady from somewhere far away knows me. She then said “yeah we go all the time..we’re from Lawrenceburg”. So much for my celebrity status!! Well, for a moment I felt like Tom Cruise ... then more like Kermit the Frog. “Unique” voice....please!!! 😀Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment