Saturday, July 28, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

I can "feel" a practice before it even starts. Most coaches know what I mean. The mood of the athletes and the way they approach the workout is a tangible thing before practice begins. 

Life is like that. The day can start the way we choose. How many times have we been brought down by others ...how many times have I brought others down. I tell my athletes constantly that positive thoughts, positive attitudes, and positive communication are essential for productive practices and races. Easy....maybe not. 


Like most things it takes a little work on my part. Stop complaining. Two words that carry a lot of weight. What does it change? Action instead of reaction. No place for negativity in sports from athletes, parents and fans. Encouragement over discouragement every time. Life needs to be the same way. Blessed instead of stressed! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment