Thursday, January 26, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER

I remember being young and hearing the young calf crying in the pasture. Daddy would always say "he's looking for his mama". 


I remember being young and I knew when "Match Game" was over it was time. I'd go stand by the door until she showed up. I was "looking for mama."


I see students in the car line who may be getting a little a scared when their car is not in the front of the line. They are looking for mama. 

 
I see people caring for the body, treasuring the moments, holding on to the memories, seemingly the roles have reversed.....and many of them are "looking for their mama". 

 
A Mama's love is special. It can wrap us up and make us feel safe. It can take us "home" with just a look from those eyes. Mama's are truly special. No one can take their place! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment