Monday, January 30, 2017

HORSIN' AROUND WITH KAYLNN

I've been giving riding lessons lately and I was just thinking about my childhood.  It's funny how I learned to ride. My Popa had gotten out of the horse business already so it was a while before he started teaching me how to ride. 

I was the typical 4 year old that had one dream.. only to own a pony. My daddy and I had gone to Dog Day in Ardmoreand that's where I saw Forest, my first pony. He was the ugliest thing ever, but I loved him! Luckily my dad was a sucker and I talked him into it 😂 I was the happiest girl in the world. I still remember, just looking at my daddy, smiling all the way home. 



I didn't have a saddle so my parents found one for me to borrow. The Smiths let me use their pony saddle... which HAD NO HORN 😂😂 but I didn't care. I was so thankful and didn't have a choice, but learn how to ride.
I learned a lot with that mean little fella.  **Remember this was a Dog Day pony so just use your imagination on his behavior.** 



It's really the small things that mean the most in life.

Now I look back and I'm so thankful for my parents, that mean little pony, and a broken saddle

No comments:

Post a Comment