Saturday, February 18, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Okay.....I have a problem with "try me" signs. I do pretty well if I stay away from the toy section where you "squeeze my hand to hear me talk" or from the lady at the grocery store who has the "try these pizza poppers." 
"Try me signs" seem to just jump out and dare me to do it.


Last night Leigh and I ate at Bridge Street and went into Bath and Body works. (I only go in there for the men's section of the body spray.....kind of a grown up version of Axe) . The "try me" signs were every where. I was looking for some good smelling lotion for Leigh 😜 and I was squirting and smelling and trying everything in sight. 
I smelled like an old lady at church before it was over. This guy, who really, really, really, liked his job took Leigh to find some (Girllllllll....we got new essential oils in the front) lotion. 

I was trying everything in sight and I came upon some lemon lime luxury something and I squirted a big ole' dollop on my hand. 

Now I had two cans ( buy three get 50 free......you know the drill) of my grown up Axe and my phone and wallet. This dollop of lemon lime goodness turned out to be exfoliating body scrub! I rubbed it in thinking it would go away......nope.....it just got heavier and more creamier. My hands were completely covered! 

Leigh was still over with "Mister I love my job" and I had to find some form of liquid to get this off of me! I scooped up my grown up Axe and phone and wallet with my arms and was trying to hide my hands, which now resembled Mickey Mouse's, and figure out what to do! 


I remembered seeing a sink when I was smelling the "Summer Shimmer" so I scooted my way over as to not drop what was cradled between my right elbow and left eyebrow! 

I get almost to the sink and dropped my wallet. I have to pick it up and now it looks like a powdered doughnut. I finally make it to the sink, after many stares, and washed it off. I also had to wash off the grown up Axe and my wallet! 

Lesson learned! Read the bottle no matter how loud the "try me" sign is yelling! My hands sure were soft though! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment