Friday, May 13, 2016

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

I was running south on the trail today. I was enjoying the solitude and reminiscing about the past seasons and the kids that I have had the privilege to coach over the years. The stream that flows down the hill was running pretty fast today. I was noticing how the water ran through the rocks. Each rock was touched by the water and even though it will never run through the same place again that stream was shaped by it. 

Kind of like all of the great kids that have ran on that trail on practice days. I always get a little nostalgic this time of year as kids I have known most of their lives move on from high school to their post high school years. I appreciate how they have all ran through our track and cross country programs. Each have shaped the program into what it has become today. That stream that started as a trickle runs strong through the rocks and molds new paths for the next rain. 

What those have done before is important. What you do today will help those to come. Keep the stream moving forward. Love the kids of the class of 2016! Good luck and God bless! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment