Saturday, March 10, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

I stopped to get gas in Madison and I saw this guy...about 6' 5"...get out of a dump truck with a little girl. He was pointing toward me and telling her something. I was intrigued and a little weary as he started toward me with her. 

He walked up to me and put his big, thick arm around me and said "This is Coach Pugh. He was my 1st grade PE coach. He made me laugh when I didn't have a whole lot to laugh about." He then said "thank you" with tears in his eyes and walked away with the little girl. 


I had a few tears in mine truthfully. I have no idea who he was. I think all of us want to make a difference in this world. It is a natural feeling. For a while tonight I felt like I had. Enjoy your break fellow educators! You truly do make a difference in your students lives! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment