Sunday, March 18, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


 
You may see a house when you look at this painting. I wish you could see what I see...feel what I feel may be a better phrase. Growing up here at my grandparents shaped me. The love they showed me filled me up. The two people who lived here worked harder than anybody I know. The relationships of my cousins and friends shaped me and my perspective and still counsels me today when troubles arise. The feeling of knowing I mattered and my needs were met physically and spiritually. Yeah..I really wish you could feel what I feel when I walk through that door in my minds eyes...home. They’ve been gone a long time. The house has been gone a long time. I get homesick a lot of days. When troubles weigh me down I go back to this house on the corner and “visit” a while. This hangs in mom’s room at the lodge. Nice to “visit” today ! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment