Saturday, March 24, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


I use a lot is of “techniques” to mentally make it through a hard climb during a race. Different scenarios run through my head as I’m trying to breathe (live actually) and keep pushing forward. Today as I was climbing a pretty steep hill(cliff), I was going through my regular mantras of “Barry you can do this” to “that little woman just did it” to “its better than Kona ice day at school!” I was pushing up when it hit me like a ton of bricks... “let it lead”. Once you let it lead and power through, there’s no other way to go but up! 

Whatever hill we may be climbing, if we let the trail lead us, it will take us where we need to be. If we’re standing in a valley trying to get out, look for the trail and let it lead you to the top. More than likely others have been where you are and have worn the path. Just have to find it and “let it lead”. Love those trails. Great life lessons learned out there. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment