Sunday, December 4, 2011

WHO MADE THE 2011 ALL-COUNTY VOLLEYBALL TEAM?

The Limestone County volleyball coaches selected the 2011 All-County volleyball team last week.

All together, 23 girls received the honor with each school in Limestone County represented.

East Limestone’s Morgan Wheeler and Elkmont’s Tiffany Adams were chosen as the county’s Co-MVPs.
“It’s something I was hoping for,” Wheeler said of the honor. “My best friend got it last year and now every year, we want someone from East to get it.  We want it to kind of be a tradition. I’m happy to be splitting it with Tiffany because she’s a great player.”

For Adams, the honor means a lot.

“It makes me happy,” Adams said. “My mom always pushed me to be the best I could be, and she passed away earlier this year, so I know this makes her proud.”

Making the first team are: Haley Covington, Ardmore; Sydney Marks, Clements; Katie Porterfield, East Limestone; Katie Silcox, East Limestone; Meagan Sutton, Elkmont and Abigale Gilbert, West Limestone.

Second team selections are: Katie Roberts, Ardmore; Sara Wales, Ardmore; Paris Branner, Clements; Abigale Schrimsher, Elkmont; Autumn Bates, West Limestone and Brianna Looney, West Limestone.

Honorable mention selections are: Stephanie Allen, Ardmore; Bryanna Free, Ardmore; Hannah Hebbe, Clements; Chyenne Redus, East Limestone, Cadie Coffman, Elkmont; Brittany Bright, Tanner; Kenesha Hamilton, Tanner; Ashley Hobbs, West Limestone and Laura Easter, West Limestone.



SOURCE: Athens News Courier

No comments:

Post a Comment