Thursday, June 22, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Pretty good night for porch sitting. The wind feels great. Ran 6 this morning in the rain with friends. We laughed because even the squirrels we saw In the village looked at us like we were crazy. Truth is the warm rain and wind felt pretty refreshing. 

Sitting here tonight with the sounds of the bugs singing everything to sleep and the lightning bugs dancing in the air bring some calmness to the soul. Rustling tree leaves providing a back drop for thinking about friends and one of Jensen's good friends who is battling. In the constants of these peaceful nights it is easy to forget how quickly life will sometimes change and challenge. 

The song "God will take care of you" runs through my mind. "Be not dismayed" starts the song. Well...I hate to admit it but sometimes I am. My human mind does wonder "why?" I am sure I am not the first nor will I be the last to let these thoughts cross my mind. But I know Who it is that does hold the answers. I know His ways are not mine and I know He understands. Mercy and grace are wonderful things! Keep sweet Anna in your thoughts and prayers. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment