Wednesday, February 3, 2016

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


I remember getting this for Christmas when I was in the first grade. Remember how the barn door "mooed" when you opened it. I remember very well setting up the fence and having plenty of farm adventures. I would line them all up on the south end of the silo on Saturday nights to watch Adam 12 and then Emergency. These were the days when we didn't have game controllers, we didn't have game apps....we had our God given imaginations. It was great fun to sit and imagine for hours what life on my farm was like. I think a lot imagination has gone by the way side in the "toys" today our kids play with. We learned to prepare for life, to give a piece of our personalities to these people and animals and probably most importantly we formed friendships and relationships that formed our perceptions of ourselves and others. "Grand theft Auto" can never do that! Have a good one!
Barry Pugh

No comments:

Post a Comment