Monday, February 8, 2016

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Being born does not give anyone the "right" to have what everyone else has. It is something that is really starting to scare me when I hear that what should be earned is now being considered as a "right". 


This has trickled down to our kids in ways that I see every day. Good kids are being led down a path where the belief of "if I show up I should get a trophy, a passing grade, or an upper hand" is starting to prevail even down to kindergarten. Hard work should be rewarded. Those willing to put in the work and the effort should be who we all should work to become. 


Giving everyone everything will make society mediocre. I don't like mediocre as a coach, as a teacher, or as a person. There is nothing wrong with doing without until one can work hard and gain it for him or herself! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment