Thursday, February 11, 2016

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


Who else remembers coming home from school on on days like today? Getting a snack to eat. Laying in the floor and taking turns each day watching Looney Tunes on channel 31 and The Little Rascals on channel 19. We only had three channels. Makes me wonder what was on 48! 


Daddy would come home. Mama would start supper. We would suffer through the news and then Bewitched would come on at 6:30. Of course this was on days like today. Any other day if it was nice outside we would be outside. I remember dreading the time change because we didn't get off the school bus until 4:00 and we didn't have much time outside. 

At school I look at some of the kids going home and wonder if they have the safety of a dad coming home and mama who cooks them supper. The longer I work the more I realize the "family" is just not what it used to be. I like to take trips back "home" on days like today. I hope these kids go home to some safety and contentment. Parents it is up to you! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment