Saturday, May 13, 2017

A NIGHT AT THE ELKMONT ALUMNI GAME

Man tonight was fun! I'm very thankful that we were able to reunite with friends and teammates from past years. Would like to say Thank You to some people that help made tonight what it was. Thank You Elkmont High School and Principal Tribble for allowing us the opportunity to practice in recent days. 


Thank You MaryJane Hobbs for your help with the concessions. You are a class act and mean a lot to that community. Thanks Jenny Black for helping put all of this together and T-Shirts. Thank You Hollie Long for making us a CD to play during games. Thank You to all the cheerleaders that came back to cheer for both boys and girls team. You all were great! 


Thank You Steve Britton Roger McCurry and Charles Harbin for all that you have done for me in my life and many others. Everyone was so excited to see each of you tonight. 


Thank You Michael Boley for coming back and playing. I seen you sweeping the floor before the games started tonight and thought to myself we have a NFL Super Bowl Champion sweeping the floor. It was a very humble moment for me to see a guy like you doing something as simple as that. It says a lot about who you are. 


Thank You to all who participated in the games Friday night. As I looked out there, I saw former players that were idols to me when I was growing up. Jesse Witt. Joel Brown. Matthew Boyd, and Jesse Hobbs. 



I also admired some of the women like Sonya Bean, Kiki Jones, and  Amy Springer. I can remember seeing you play and thinking to myself how good you were. 


I also want to say Thank You to some former teammates Brian Groce, Daniel Motter, Tim Burgess, Gery Jones, Gerald Jones and Kenneth Boley. Man, we had some great memories playing together! 


Also would like to say Thank You to some younger guys that I enjoyed watching play long after I finished. David Solomon, Jonathan Carter, Tom Logan, Brandon Heath Solomon, Joshua McWilliams and many others. You guys had a great team in 2009. 


I would also like to Thank Dawson Norwood and Ethan Norwood for making the trip to play ball with your dad's former teammates. David Norwood, I know you are proud. 



Rhett Bailey, a guy who beat cancer and won. God has special plans to use your testimony to uplift many people. I'm looking forward to you speaking to our team next year. 


Thank you to some girls that were awesome players like Tressie Pollard, Kasey N Menefee, Stephanie Fleming and who could forget the best player I know, Bailee Robinson


It was also great to see some girls like Farrah Presnell Tucker, Jessica Barnes Hutchens, Whitney Lankford and  Tameka King playing.


Thank You Robby Grams for officiating. You're the only official I've seen not miss a call. I hope you all will make plans to play again next year. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. 

Danny Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment