Sunday, May 14, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT


I remember being young and getting a bath and going to bed and waiting for mama to come in and tell me goodnight and cut the light off. As I grew up she would almost always come in after I went to bed and sit at the end of the bed and talk to me about my day or her day at school. 


I remember driving away heading to UNA, moving to my own place, scared and excited but thinking about how much I was going to miss that every night. I remember how the night before I married Leigh she gave me the best advice I ever got. She sat at the end of my bed and said "no matter how silly you may think it is....how small it may seem....how insignificant you may think it is...if it matters to or concerns your wife it had better matter to or concern you." 


She taught me from a young age how to be a father, husband, and a man who treats his wife and family well. Mothers are very special! Mom has had a trying time these last few years. This year I pray for her to have the peace she deserves so much! I owe her a lot! Happy Mother's Day, Barbara Pugh! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment