Tuesday, May 23, 2017

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

Dexter posted this..and yes I did mow
my name in the back yard. I thought planes landing in Huntsville could see it. I think I was around 13. Getting things cleaned up at mom's. Going to rent her house. 



I look at this picture and man, if I could just climb inside and live one more day in that house at that time I would. You see the clothes hanging on the line. That tells the tale of a mama who lovingly and without comment or complaint washed our clothes and hung them to dry daily. 
 Image may contain: basketball court, outdoor and nature

I am sure there are some pinto beans cooking on the stove and corn bread and fresh garden vegetables adding to the great smell inside. The volleyball net tells the tale of great friends coming over on Sunday nights after church for volleyball in the back yard. So much fun and laughter. 

Somewhere in that picture (taking it I suppose) is a young boy who felt safe, loved and taken care of. Who could walk inside that house and play in that yard and know that he mattered and was important to the people who lived there. Change is hard. Knowing that time is over even harder. 

Thankful for parents who gave me the chance to fall in love with my home! It will always be with me no matter who lives inside the walls! Just a memory away.....have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment